The California Department of Health Care Services, in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco, is proud to launch Dementia Care Aware, an initiative to improve the ability of primary care teams to detect dementia and create stage-appropriate care plans for higher-risk and historically marginalized Medi-Cal beneficiaries. This Dementia Care Aware webinar titled “Dementia Care Aware: The Cognitive Health Assessment Basics” is the first in the series and introduces the DCA initiative and discusses its centerpiece, the cognitive health assessment.
- Anna Chodos, MD, MPH — Executive Director, Dementia Care Aware
- Kim McCoy Wade, JD — Senior Advisor on Aging, Disability, and Alzheimer’s at the Office of California Governor Gavin Newsom
- Karen Marks, MD, MPH, PhD — Medical Director at the California Department of Healthcare Services
- Jacey Cooper — State Medicaid Director and Cheif Deputy Director for Health Care Programs at the California Department of Healthcare Services
- Susan DeMarois — Director at the California Department of Aging